Welcome to the Counseling Ministry at Faith Bible Church (FBC). We are grateful that you have welcomed us into your life at this time. It is never easy to ask for help. We admire the courage, faith, and humility this first step represents on your part. It is our prayer that God will bless this step and use our time together to build more hope and direction into your life. We look forward to seeing our great God honored through all of our lives.
To provide quality, Christ-centered, biblical counseling to individuals and families who are hurting and confused.
Is larger than a few one-on-one meetings with a counselor. Rarely does lasting change happen in isolation. We will encourage you to be involved in the life of your church in a variety of ways as we meet together (or here, at FBC if you do not have a permanent church home).
The counseling ministry consists of men and women, staff and non-staff, who have completed various levels of counseling training, and offer free personal or marital counseling to our members and community. This counseling is offered as a personal service, and not as a member of the FBC pastoral staff.
*Training has been completed through Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC).
The counseling ministry at FBC is part of our service to our members and community. We do not charge for the counseling services offered. The graciousness and generosity of our members allows us to offer these services free of charge. We do ask for a one-time donation of $25 (made out to Faith Bible Church) to cover administrative costs. Also, there may be books and material you will be asked to purchase through the course of your counseling.
The next step:
Complete the Personal Data Inventory (PDI) form. This form is designed to:
1) Help us get to know you in a comprehensive, holistic, and efficient manner.
2) Help you organize your thoughts about your counseling objectives.
Please allow approximately 45 minutes to complete this form.
After we receive your completed form, it will be reviewed with the purpose of matching you with a suitable counselor. Your counselor will call to schedule your first appointment, which usually happens in 1-2 weeks.
The Form consists of the following parts:
• The following two pages contain the policies and counseling agreement of FBC. Please read, initial, and sign these pages. If you have any questions, your counselor will be happy to answer them.
• The last five pages provide your counselor with background information on your situation (if you are requesting marriage counseling, then you and your spouse will both need to complete a form).
• Childcare is not provided, and children are not allowed to sit unattended in the waiting room. If you are unable to make alternative plans for your child for the first appointment and subsequent consultations, then counseling should be postponed until arrangements can be made.
• From time to time, we receive more requests than counselors. In that case, we will call and let you know that you have been placed on a waiting list and give you an approximate time frame for when counseling may begin. We may also suggest other services or resources that might benefit you.
We are grateful to be able to serve you and to be a part of the journey God has for you. We look forward to playing a role in your spiritual growth, progress, and hope.
Pastor of Counseling & Adult Ministries