The purpose of becoming a member of the local church is to work together with other Christians to spread the good news that Jesus Christ died and rose again to save sinners. Church members use their abilities and resources to serve one another in order to help each other grow in Christ-like maturity. They must be trained and equipped to use their spiritual gifts alongside with the church’s biblically qualified elders and deacons.
- Regularly attend Sunday service Everything we do at FBC is rooted in our Sunday gatherings. These gatherings focus on the preaching of God’s Word and our worship of God in song and fellowship.
- Complete the four-week membership class. As soon as you sense that FBC might be your church, take the membership class. This will introduce you to what we believe and teach and give you an overview of our mission.
- Arrange for an interview with an FBC leader Members must confess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (and get baptized if they have not previously done so as a professing Christian). We want to hear how God brought you to faith in Christ and repentance from sin. Usually your growth group leader or an elder is the person to talk to about this.
- Affirm FBC beliefs by signing the Membership Application Your growth group leader or an elder can help you complete this application. One side of the document has several questions for you to answer and the other side contains the FBC Membership Covenant. Pick up a Membership Application at the Information Center or download a PDF copy.
The Faith Bible Church Membership Covenant
Having received Christ as my Lord and Savior and been baptized, I commit myself to unite with the Faith Bible Church family. In doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members to do the following:
- I will protect the Unity of my church by acting in love toward other members, by refusing to gossip, by upholding the doctrinal statement, by following my leaders.
- I will share the Responsibility of my church by praying for its spiritual growth, by inviting the unchurched to come, by warmly welcoming visitors.
- I will serve the Ministry of my church by using my gifts, talents, and abilities.
- I will support the Testimony of my church by attending faithfully, by living a godly life, by giving regularly.
- I will pursue the Mission, Vision, and Passion of my church
Mission: (Why we exist) For the glory of God, Faith Bible Church exists to make disciples of Jesus Christ who worship whole heartedly, who labor to help others grow spiritually, who speak the Gospel in every sphere of life, who partner in Gospel ministry around the world, and who serve in and outside the church.
Vision: (Where we want to go) Our prayer is that FBC will live under the loving rule of Christ, being Bible-saturated worshippers. In loving relationships we will speak the Gospel to all matters of life. We will sacrificially serve in all the places we live. Our ministries will make disciple-makers and raise the next generation to lead churches in God’s worldwide mission.
Passion Statement: (What we rally behind) FBC is a loving community making disciples of Jesus Christ