- We value God’s Word, the Bible, as authoritative and sufficient for the ministry of the church and for all matters of daily living.
God’s Word provides the blueprint for all aspects of the ministries within Faith Bible Church. The understanding of God’s Word occurs through public teaching by gifted Bible expositors, interactive teaching in small groups, individual discipleship, and personal Bible study. Obedience to God’s Word is the solution to overcoming sin and living a victorious life in Christ.
- We value all believers at Faith Bible Church speaking the gospel to non-Christians as an ongoing way of life.
We promote, train, and encourage daily personal evangelism. Throughout the various ministries of Faith Bible Church we provide opportunities to bring unbelievers into contact with the believers of FBC. We pray for the non-Christians of our city, and our world.
- We value a team of biblically qualified elders carrying out the leadership of Faith Bible Church who are accountable to Christ.
The elders are dependent on the leading of the Holy Spirit through prayer and in-depth study of the Bible. The elders function as “fathers” within the household of God rather than corporate leaders of an organization. Each elder is responsible to pastor a portion of the church. This pastoral care includes teaching God’s Word, caring for the church, protecting it from error, being stewards of what God has provided, and holding all believers accountable to fulfill their biblical roles. Decisions they make for the church must be unanimous to safeguard that they are in the will of God.
- We value husbands, wives, and children fulfilling their biblical roles in the family and in the church.
Faith Bible Church supports parents in the spiritual training of their children. We are committed to providing training and resources to equip believers so that they may fulfill their biblical roles. We expect families to be involved in and contributing to the ministries of the church
- We value the regular gathering of small groups focused on God’s Word, which results in changed lives.
Small groups are an essential part of the life of the church. The spiritual care of the church is expanded past elders through qualified and trained growth group leaders. The fellowship within these small groups encourages life change through studying and applying God’s Word, praying and caring for one another, and holding each other accountable for spiritual growth. These caring communities become ideal settings to bring non-Christians to experience first-hand the dynamic work of God in people’s lives.
- We value training people in order to develop biblical knowledge, character, and actions that imitate Christ.
Training, in the context of ministry, is provided for children, youth, and adults. Systematic and unified Bible study, with the goal of teaching the whole Bible concurrently to all ages, is an essential part of this training process. As people demonstrate biblical maturity in Christ, we seek to further develop their ability to exercise leadership within the church.
- We value every believer faithfully serving in the body of Christ.
Every believer is spiritually gifted and is called to exercise that giftedness for the building up of the church body.
- We value personal and corporate worship of God which engages both the mind and the heart.
We worship God when we magnify Him in our praise and manifest Him in our actions. This includes knowing, loving, enjoying, and obeying God in everything we do.
- We value personal involvement in the establishment of Christ’s church throughout the world through outreach to those who do not know Him.
We are called to proclaim the Gospel to those who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We support and shepherd those who have been sent out by our church body for the accomplishment of this task around the world.
- We value equipping men for full-time vocational ministry in the context of the local church.
We seek to identify and mentor “equippers” (Eph. 4:11-12; 1 Timothy 5:17) in the context of church ministry so that they can be developed and sent out to proclaim the Gospel to the lost and equip God’s people.